Sunday, July 08, 2012

Young child at our age

This week we will celebrate Seth coming to us. What an adventure and harder at our age. But also a blessing. A week after we got him, our first grandchild was born. Busy week plus.
I find at being 47, when most women are working, kids almost or grown, I am at home. I am glad and thankful to be at home. Plus I can watch one grandchild and be part of her life. I can have other grandkids come. I also am free to go visit them.
I am going to homeschool Seth, menapause, and homeschooling- wow.
But you know women my age are busy, cause their kids need them less. I find it hard to find women closer to my age free to visit with.
I know there are times when I get with people my age, I sorta don't feel I fit in. Cause I have grown children, grandchildren and 5 yr old.
It is weird.
God knows what He is doing even though I don't have a clue.
I love my kids and grandkids, I love being able to stay home.
I just wish I had fellowship with other women. Gets lonely during the day not having other women to talk to.
I have had a hard time with this menopause too. Just part of being a woman, not fun.
I sometimes wonder if God will move us like He said 2 yrs ago.
After this week, I hope into a house with central air that really works.
But then I think, a lot of people didn't have power. And we had some, at least could sleep well.
I think even though there is stuff I cry out to God for, I think in other ways we are blessed.
I sit back and wonder what God is doing, and I try to do my best.
One step at a time, sometimes one moment at a time.
Continue praying for what curriculum for Seth. Didn't think I would be homeschooling again, hey following God is not what we want but what He wants. 

No comments: